Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Most Outstanding Student

Tna says, KAYA!

I have always appreciated scrap challenges even when I don't always get to submit my layouts. Having a direction/theme/motif for a page is one hard task taken off your shoulders and I do not regret committing myself to these challenges even when it means taking some time off my laundry and housecleaning days (which always results to a higher pile of clothes and a dirtier house to clean, hihi). :-D And I enjoyed this week's challenge in particular 'cause I just like distressed looks in my pages.
Journaling:
it was your first experience of school...no daycare...no summer classes...we only had blue's clues, Dora and little Einstein for your training but you sailed through kindergarten with flying colors...top of your class...amazing for a first timer...and you made us very proud...Joaquin Paolo P. Cruz; Recognition Day: March 28, 2008; SY 2007-2008

Materials Used: CS: brown ; PPs: office lingo Pink Paislee, Karen Foster; inks: versacolor white, versafine sepia, colorbox gray & brown; alphas: AC Thickers Gift Box, Pink Paislee holly doodle and EK Success stickers; Inque Boutique stamps; AAS corrugated board; Scenic Route chipboard; yellow string; button; edge scraper tool

Techniques Used: done paper tearing for some of the photo mats while the other layers of mats were distressed using the edge scraper tool and then did some inking on those edges, paper crumpling and inking for the button mats, petals were made from torn papers, did some stamping here too

About Me:
i'm tna. mom to 6-year-old-joaquin and partner to ruben. my boys are my favorite scrapping subjects. they are also the reason why i cannot (for the love of me) always scrap using flowers and pink papers. i am inspired by the work of my fellow pinays and ali edwards. know more about me here. thanks :)

10 comments:

Candy said...

This is gorgeous, Tna! Love the colors, the photos, the distressed embellies and how you pulled them together! And I totally empathize! Because of DS and DH, I shy away from flowery LOs. Kaya nga I often do my ancestors para may excuse to be "girlie!"

tnapay said...

thank you candy. :) like you, i go for neutral, earth, vintage colors. pero di pa kaya ng powers ko ang mga layouts and techniques mo, hihihi. i will soon embark on a girlie girl project on female members of my family para magamit ko na yung 2 bitty bags na inuwi ko nung May scrapfest. lol.

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Love your LO Tna! I'm so proud of JP! Galing! Mana sa mommy. Hehe. nice combination of colors too.

CraftFairy said...

Wow! congratulations! Love the ribbon and button embellishments. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tna! This is a great page! Galing! I love the neutral color. Bagay sa boy LOs.

Roxannee said...

It is not easy to make a layout with multiple photos. But this one is great! You captured all the details!

Donna Espiritu said...

great multi-photo lo tna! love the circles with buttons!

yoyin said...

mars!!!! :) grabe. mas productive ka na talaga kaysa sa akin. LOL. i'm slowly starting to get my mojo back. will email you some sneaks soon. hehehehe... hope JP is feeling much better na. xoxoxoxoxo...yoyin

Anonymous said...

nice one, tna! very creartive talaga :)

tnapay said...

wow! i love all your comments {thank you girls}.

gracey: thanks so much for the compliment. :-D

tita marisa: maraming salamat. i can only really work with buttons because my pages are always about boys. heehee.

diane: i love neutral colors and buti na lang dahil panay pang boys ang mga layouts ko.

roxannee and donna: thanks, i made that mosaic using big huge labs (got the link from Ali Edwards) :-)

yoyin: it's so nice to hear from you mareng yoyin (from cyberspace at least, hihi). i'm so excited to see your finished pages soon.

bjay: coming from you, compliment yan talaga. :-D salamat, salamat.