Saturday, November 15, 2008

Explore

Roxannee says, KAYA!

I love this picture of Ethan so much...at the same time it makes me melt inside because it reminds me that one day, he'll be able to leave our nest and explore the world. A cautious boy that he is, I was glad that he decided to try climbing up trees. I remember him saying " Look Mom, I can swing in this tree! I'm a big boy now!"

I used the bird as a symbol for exploring the world, clock because time flies and one day he'll soon be on his own,& the star as his guide in whatever he does. It is not only the first time I made a layout with this picture. I reckon it's one of those shots that you can extract a lot of memories.And I thought that Winnie the Pooh's words to Christopher Robin was spot on for the way I feel with it.


Journaling:
You are now 6 years old and ready to show the world what you can do.
Kings Park, WA February 2007

"If ever there comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart - I'll stay there forever." - Winnie the Pooh

Materials Used:
Core'dinations cardstock- nostalgia, double sided tape, patterned papers by Grant and unknown, Green cardstock, K&Company brad (grow), K & Company Hopscotch chipboard, paper flower from craft market, Kaiser craft journaling stamp, tim holtz distressing ink walnut, sepia archival ink, clock sticker, felts, embroidery floss, ribbon, star button, string, border punch, green brad, white pen, black pen, sanding paper.

Techniques used:
Sanding the core'dinations cardstock, handcutting the leaves, stitching the bird, punching, stamping, distressing, tearing

About ME:
Hi my name is Roxannee and negative space is one of my favourite styles! I like saving on embellishments....LOL.

4 comments:

Candy said...

This is really cutting-edge here, Roxannee!!! Love the colors, the techniques, and the eye-catching pieces in the corner!

Lee i. said...

i love this rox, it shows a lot of space but has a lot of action and movement too. great layering.

Anonymous said...

totally cool rox! I love how it looks suspended in the "air". love the layering too :)

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

love your cluster of embies!