Friday, November 28, 2008

Love That Lolly

Mia says, KAYA!

Honestly? I found this challenge a little intimidating. The last time I made a double page layout was back in 2006! Oh, I love Becky Higgins and her double layout sketches. But I just haven't done something like this in a looong time. I actually felt like an amateur. Harharhar!

Thanks, Marj, for challenging us the whole month of November! I think I visited the Kaya blog everyday just to check what's new. :-)


Materials Used:
Prima papers and flowers; Bazzil cardstock; Autumn Leaves chipboard flourish; AMM brads; Heide Swapp flower; Love Elsie epoxy sticker; Imaginesce stamp; Alpha stickers - Scenic Route, AAS, Craft Express; Staedler pen; Colorbox ink; Fiskars lace border puncher

Journaling:
I do not usually encourage eating sweets at such a young age. But it would be very unfair if I let your sisters eat the lollipop and say 'no' to you. So I relented and allowed you your first lollipop. Funny because you didn't know how to suck it! You bit into it and kept at it until you started drooling. You are such a cutie baby! We love you! - Alyssa, age 1

About ME:
I am in my mid-thirties, married to my bestfriend, Mier, for 8 years and blessed with three beautiful princesses, Nadine (age 7), Raya (age 5) and Alyssa (1 year). I have been fixing my photos since high school but got really serious (as in using acid free materials) in 2004 after my 2nd daughter was born. Since then I've been hooked! Took a break in 2007 when I had a difficult pregnancy with my 3rd baby but I'm now back and more addicted than ever! I believe the heart of my layouts is my journaling. I scrapbook to share myself and my stories to my children.

1 comment:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

So cute! Love the PPs you used for this 2 pager. =)