Thursday, November 13, 2008

Language of Love

Joanne says, KAYA!




Journaling:
Only a mother would know what her child needs,.. even in the absence of words, I just know what you need by looking into your eyes and hearing your plea... It is perhaps the language of love that is present here that does not require spoken words to understand. I fervently pray to the Lord above that one day he can give you that gift my son. The day you finally tell us how much you love us and you finally call us Mom and Dad.. will definitely be the happiest days of our lives.....

Materials:
PP Rouge de Garance Daphnis & Chloe, Mod Design Blackbird Bird house
For template of Diecut paper was traced (K&CO BW Mira)

Materials Used:
Prima bling (and assorted blings), Prima Flower (paper & fabric), KF Jewel brads, MM Pewter heart brads, Joann Metal letters, Diamond Glaze, Krylon gold leafing pen,Tsukineko Brilliance Archival Pad-Moonlight white, Stampin up French Script, Carolees word play alpha stickers, Staedler triplus, Fiskars Embossing tooll and craft knife, Cuttlebug embossing folder for embossed look on corners, Autumn Leaves clear stamps for corner, Prima Paintables (cut and made into a frame)

Process:
I edited this photograph of Jorel and I using PICASA. I made use of a Prima Paintable to hone in on this photograph. I cut up the middle part and used it as a journalling card. Using the beautiful flowers and vines print of Rouge de Garance, I had precision cut and layered the. I combined it with Mod Designs flower design pp. I added prima paper and fabric flowers. It was a struggle to leave the blank space empty.

To resolve this, I stamped the page faintly with the Stamping up French Script using a white brilliance ink. And for extra dimension I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder with a Fiskars embossing tool to give the corners an impression. The background page was created by tracing the K & CO BW Mira paper on the blue Bazzill cs and cut with Fiskars craft knife (yeah I know crazy but I am in love with die cut papers at the moment!)

About ME:
I am Joanne Figueroa Yap, mother of 3 boys, Jacob, Jerome and Jorel. I am happily married to my loving hubby, Patrick. At present living in the land down under, Sydney Australia. I am a stay at home, 24/7 on call house manager of the Yap family household.

Back in Manila, I began Scrappin' Moms with my beautiful friends April, Mia, SL, Ria, Pia, Liza and Iris. My passion for scrapbooking has really brought me to places I never realised I would ever be at. I have met beautiful people through this hobby and they have all enriched my life immensely.

My layout creations are my way of preserving our precious memories and expressing my love for the people that I love. They call me the 'massacre queen' because I can never leave a patttern paper unturned, it has to be cut with precision. This is what's common in my all my layouts, the 3d elements that I create myself. All these are my labor of love. It is my hope I can reactivate my scrapbooking social life and work here in Sydney again, one day when the kids are more adjusted here.

9 comments:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

wow! I admire your patience when cutting all those different elements for your LO. In the end it shows that you really put your heart into it. Even the journaling is so heartfelt. Great work Joanne!

Chiqui said...

The hand cutting is amazing! The layout is very elegant. Ganda!

Donna Espiritu said...

hi ms jo!!! OH MY GOSH! super ganda this one! your layouts always put a smile on my face, love the cutworks, galing!

Candy said...

This is so you, Joanne!!! Gorgeous!!! Especially love the heartfelt journal and the photo. So special!!!

Lee i. said...

the massacre queen strikes again! lovely.

Benga said...

napaisip pa ko kun san galing un paper na un coz I have that pp in orange, un pala nitrace mo at handcut so intricately! bow ako!

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

love the elements used and ganda ng pic nyo!

Anonymous said...

massacred na naman ang pps! ikaw lang makakagawa niyan! mahusay talaga :)

Anonymous said...

ty ladies for the nice comments,.. it has been a productive few weeks for me and it seems -- its just keeps going -- am finally creating me layouts -- whether hit or miss-- am smiling from ear to ear,..

marix ---- check my blog --- one day of craziness lead me to buy so many die cut paper hahhahha!