Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pieces of Me

Marissa says, KAYA!

This is probably the style for me - clean lines. I love beautiful patterned papers and it hurts me so much to cut them up to pieces. So most of them end up untouched on the shelves. This picture was taken at the back seat of the Toy Truck on our trip to Toronto. Of all the pictures we took this is the one I will treasure forever.


Journaling:

Supplies:

Background paper [Basic Grey's Granola]; strips of paper [Basic Grey's 8x8 Boxer pad]; crocheted doily, flower [Prima], journaling tag [Making Memories' Note Worthy], rhinestone stickers, glass beads [Bead Gallery], hemp cord [Jewelry Design], journal tag [My Mind's Eye Laundry Line]; thicker foam dots used under the photo [United Manufacturer's Supplies]; thinner foam squares used on the title [Miss Elizabeth]; permanent orange marker [Bic]


Techniques:

I cut papers to strips, threaded beads with hemp and knotted the hemp to keep the beads in place then wrapped the cord around the picture, doily is held in place by sewing parts of it to the paper and also with the use of thin foam squares; title was handwritten on tiny squares with doodles all around to define the edges. Since I placed one end of the photo on top of the doily, I used thick foam dots [DH gave me some of his photo-framing supplies] to even out the height of the other end of the photo.

About Me:
AKA the CraftFairy... I enjoyed doing this challenge because it gave me the opportunity to use supplies from another craft I love to do - jewelry making. I think I'm going to incorporate supplies from my other crafts into scrapbooking. Are they acid- and lignin-free? I don't really care - not anymore. With the technology we have these days the photos are easily replaceable should they fade in a few years. As long as the pictures are saved in discs and the discs are safe... memories will still last forever.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shot, Marissa. They look so peaceful and sweet.

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

simple yet beautiful LO! love the embellishments and choice of pattern papers u used.

Candy said...

WOW!!! Did you make that doily?!? It lends a certain "grungy elegance," if there's such a thing, to this beautiful LO! Bravo, Marissa!!!

Lee i. said...

they look so peaceful in that photo. :-) love that doily and the beads. super sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

ganda ng symmetry, marissa! beautiful crocheted flower too :)