Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful

Joanne says, KAYA!

This has to be one of the fastest no brainer layout I have ever done! I just saw ORANGE and thought.. why dont I do FALL layout look,.. even if the photo isn't for that season specifically. In a way, it was sorta connected with the tree patterns on the papers --- since the theme of the layout was about family growing together....

Distressing is one of the techniques I am not so into, to be honest. And so to follow the specs of the week, I had ink all the edges of the photos, elements and accents using the Stazon ink. I am not tearer too of pps -- just too heartbreaking! So to do the actual tearing I had ruled a line using a craft knife with ruler and then used that as my guide to tear. To distress further I used ink and Krylon gold leaving pen for a border on the center of my layout. Lastly I mounted it on top of another pattterned paper for more emphasis.


Journaling:
Thankful for my family... grow together in LOVE. I will always be thankful that as you boys were growing up, Mom and Dad were always there for you. We saw all your milestones and seen your learn so many things. One day, you will all grow up but never forget the love we all share....how we are all connected with the bond and love we all have for one another.. Its what will keep us together - even if DISTANCE may separate us...

Materials Used:
DCWV Fall glitter pps, DCWV Cardstock

Embelishments:
MM button brads, Bling, DCWV/Carolees letter stickers, Stazon Timber brown, Krylon Gold leafing pen

Techniques Used:
Distressing, Precision cutting, Collage

About ME:

I am Joanne Figueroa Yap, mother of 3 boys, Jacob, Jerome and Jorel. I am happily married to my loving hubby, Patrick. At present living in the land down under, Sydney Australia. I am a stay at home, 24/7 on call house manager of the Yap family household.

Back in Manila, I began Scrappin' Moms with my beautiful friends April, Mia, SL, Ria, Pia, Liza and Iris. My passion for scrapbooking has really brought me to places I never realised I would ever be at. I have met beautiful people through this hobby and they have all enriched my life immensely.

My layout creations are my way of preserving our precious memories and expressing my love for the people that I love. They call me the 'massacre queen' because I can never leave a pattterned paper unturned, it has to be cut with precision. This is what's common in my all my layouts, the 3d elements that I create myself. All these are my labor of love. It is my hope I can reactivate my scrapbooking social life and work here in Sydney again, one day when the kids are more adjusted here.

8 comments:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

The pictures are so nice Joanne! It suites the fall LO. Love the colors you used too.

CraftFairy said...

Love your distressing technique, and yes, the picture goes well with the colors and patterns you chose.

Candy said...

Ay, sa wakas, nakita ko rin ang text! Love your work, Joanne! Your family is so obviously the center of your life. It shows through and through in your LOs, all lovingly and meticulously done.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you used here Joanne! Really bright and happy! Great photos too!

marking said...

Hi Joanne, love the colors and trees.Fits your pics so well.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Love the fall colors and the picture (have to shoot a pic like that as soon as Alexa can walk by herself) ;o) Miss you sis!

Donna Espiritu said...

hi ms jo! relaly heart-warming layout! miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love the fall colors, the picture of the boys and how cleverly you had yours & pat's at the inset :)

malapit na 2009... nuninuninuninuuu.