Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One Moment In Time

Marian says, KAYA!

This is really a great challenge as I have been able to scrap really fast with a definite plan in mind. Sometimes it is better to be limited by certain parameters so we don't waste too much time deciding what technique to use. I have helped myself too by not obsessing over the perfect paper.

This will be one of the layouts in an ancestry album for my granddaughter.


Journaling:
This was your great grandmother Sally's First Holy Communion. In her time you had to be 12 years old before receiving this sacrament. This must have been taken in the late 1930's.

If your great grandmother were alive to see your First Holy Communion, she would probably take charge of having a stampita made to remember the occassion as she did with your lola and mommy. She would also arrange for a delicious breakfast at home for the family to enjoy.

Materials Used:
Prima patterned paper Tea & Silk Collection "Katsura", Ryoanji" and "Nijo"; All About Scrapbooking Bling; Tsukineko inks and Melissa Frances tag.

Techniques Used:
Tearing, inking and then curling the edges, cutting.

About ME:
I love to shop for new scrapbook stuff. I have more stuff than I think I can use iin my lifetime. My daughters know this will be part of their inheritance as I think most of my money goes to this craft. Haha. So to justify all this scrap shopping I need to scrap more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, tita marian! ganda, shabbylicious :)

Freethinker said...

Wow, I love this one! :-)

Candy said...

OOOOooooh!!! That is a very precious photograph!!! Love it!!!

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Wow!That photo is older than my mom! Hehe. Nice LO Ms. Marian. Beautifully done.

marking said...

Hi Bjay, Sheryl, Candy & Gracie. Thanks so much for your comments. I really thought my mom's pics would go well with the distressed theme this week.

CraftFairy said...

This is so precious! How lucky you are to have pictures like this! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo. And the teared paper sa journaling. Ang galing!

Roxannee said...

This is one great "pamana" for your grand daughter. Very classic.

Donna Espiritu said...

oh wow, this is totally gorgeous!