Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Queen and I

Bjay says, KAYA!

I use distressing sparingly, and is usually very comfortable with just the inking technique. Marj required at least two - I did three. Yee-haw!


Journaling:
Still the most beautiful woman in my life at 70. - 5 July 08. *To have a better grasp on why my mum has this Php49.95 tiara from SM on her head, please feel free to read the full story HERE.

Materials Used:
CS: Coredination (black base, red core); PPS: BG scarlet, Kaisercraft and an unknown brand; Hambly screenprints - Musical Notes, 7Gypsies playing card & sticker, Jenni Bowlin journaling spot, Prima flowers, AC Thickers, MM alpha stickers & Staedler pen.

Technique:
Paper tearing, inking and sanding the edges (the black CS has a default red core).

About ME:
Despite my mum's vitiligo, which she inherited from my grandma, I still think we look like each other. And I don't mind getting it myself. Because as the cliché goes, "beauty is within.". That will be my saving glory if and when it happens to me. Read more about me HERE.

6 comments:

marking said...

Love the LO and all the elements including the card.

Gracie Ann Tan said...

What a sweet mother-daughter LO! I agree with ate Marian. Love that card too. Very creative.

tnapay said...

{giggle} SWEET, that's also my first thought of your layout bjay. and as always, you can turn anything into wonderful layouts. simple yet striking. super galing. :)

Unknown said...

You have a unique style... every LO u make pang scraplift ang dating. Your mom is one lucky woman.

Roxannee

CraftFairy said...

This is soooo sweet! Love the warm colors!

Anonymous said...

thanks, girls! your comments warms my heart no end :)

I was putting off picture with my mum for months already until this perfect challenge came along [TY kay marj!].

nakakatuwa, ang daming entries linggo-linggo!